Editors' Note: Clicking on the Download Now (Visit Site) button above will open a connection to a third-party site. Download.com cannot completely ensure the security of the software hosted on third-party sites.
CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content
The basic usage of the program is very simple: just drag & drop video files into main window and click the CONVERT button. More advanced users can customize the parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, fps, sampling frequency, resolution and other.
At default settings, the application automatically selects all the encoding parameters so as to preserve the original video and audio quality.
What's new in this version:
- New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- The default video encoder was changed from H.264 to Xvid, which is more "native" to AVI files.
- Improved compatibility with Windows XP.
- New action: Uncheck selected files.
- Added support for Swedish language.
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements.