Editors' Note: CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users. While more advanced users can customize video and audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, fps, sampling frequency, resolution, volume and other. The application interface is a very simple and user-friendly. To convert video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click the CONVERT button.
The most important features:
- Converting from MP4, M4V and MP4V to AVI or MPG.
- Limited support for other video formats (including AVI, MKV, WMV, MP4, FLV, MTS, OGM, AMV).
- Supported video encoders: XviD, DivX 3, H.264, WMV, MPEG4-FFmpeg, S-Mpeg 4 v. 2, Motion JPEG (MJPEG), HuffYUV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2.
- Supported audio encoders: Lame (MP3), MP2, AC3, AAC, WMA, PCM-16 bit.
- Support for multithreaded encoding using the H.264 (x264) encoder.
- The ability to deinterlace video.
- Possibility of 2-pass encoding, which will increase the image quality and reduces the volume of output file.
- The program is portable: it does not use system registry and all settings are stored in INI file.
- 100% freeware - for private and commercial use. The program does not require registration, there is no built-in limitations and spyware applications, does not add to the generated files "watermarks".
What's new in this version:
- New version of the FFmpeg encoder and MediaInfo library.
- Improved matching of encoding parameters with automatic settings.
- Japanese language support.