PasswordFox allows you to view the user names and passwords stored by Mozilla Firefox Web browser. By default, PasswordFox displays the passwords stored in your current profile, but you can easily select to watch the passwords of any other Firefox profile. For each password entry, the following information is displayed: Record Index, Web Site, User Name, Password, User Name Field, Password Field, and the Signons filename.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for selecting the right Firefox installation folder.
- Added /installfolder command-line option.
- Added AutoComplete feature in Select Folders dialog-box.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Search and remove unwanted adware and toolbars from your comput...
- Stay anonymous, change your IP address, and protect your comput...
- Detect and destroy malware and viruses.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"it rly works"
Version: PasswordFox 1.30
i lost ma passwords once and it helped me
its ugly lolZ!!
"Works great! Anti-virus doesn't play well with it."
Version: PasswordFox 1.20
The program works exactly as described. What is really nice is that you don't have to install anything. This program is a stand-alone.
Anti-virus and anti-spyware programs call it a trojan or a potentially troublesome program, and will block access to the file. AVG, which is what I use, would not even let me unzip the downloaded archive--had to use Win-Rar.
This program is great if you cannot remember your passwords in Firefox, because it lists them in an easy-to-read list. You can even save the passwords to a text file, either one at a time or en masse.
However, you have to disable your anti-spyware and anti-virus software and create exceptions to get the program to run. My advice would be to extract the files to a separate folder, because when you close the program, it saves a cfg file to the folder in which it was opened.
"VIRUS plagued software!!!"
Version: PasswordFox 1.20
None that I can think of. Didn't even install it.
As soon as it started to download McAfee gave me a generic trojan warning!
Particularly dangerous as its supposed to have access to all your stored passwords.
Should'nt CNET be more careful?
After all one comes to download.com precisely avoiding these kind of threats
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content