CNET Editors' review
For many of us, almost every aspect of our personal business is online now: banking, bill paying, insurance, personal correspondence, and much more. Strong passwords are a good idea, and Web sites are increasingly requiring that users create more complex passwords and change them more frequently. That's all well and good, until you can't remember the password yourself. Passport is an extremely simple program that can store all of your passwords securely. It's a great choice even for people who aren't particularly computer-savvy but who know the importance of computer security.
The program's interface is plain and straightforward, with a handful of buttons across the top that represent its major features. You first set a master password that controls access to the program itself; this is one that you definitely don't want to forget, as there's no way to recover it. Then it's simply a matter of entering the passwords you want to remember. These can be arranged in predefined categories such as e-mail, social networks, home banking, and so on. Enter your username and then either record your existing password or have Passport generate a new one for you automatically; you can specify the length and included character types. The program lets you toggle between displaying the username and password and displaying asterisks instead, a nice feature if you want to protect your information from nearby prying eyes. Even when the asterisks are displayed, you can copy usernames and passwords to the clipboard and then paste them into the desired field. An online Help file provides a brief overview of the program's features, but most users probably won't need it. Overall, we found Passport to be an easy way to keep track of passwords, and we recommend it.
Passport installs politely but leaves a folder behind upon removal.
Passport is an easy-to-use password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords, logins, user IDs, access codes, and related information in a secure way. Using Passport you can store and organize all your passwords and other sensitive information in one encrypted database, which is locked with one master key. So you only have to remember one single master password to unlock the whole database. No more worries about remembering all your passwords. And if someone gains access to the database, it will be impossible to read information from it. The databases are encrypted using the secure and governments approved encryption algorithms.
Passport can be installed on external storage devices such as USB flash drives. This will allow you to carry your password databases with you in protected state and accessible on multiple PCs. A built-in password generator helps you to create unique secure passwords, and easy to use form filling functionality automatically logs you into a web site or application.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Protect your PC in real time from malware & spyware.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Manage, protect, and encrypt passwords and personal info.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Store your confidential data.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Manage all of your passwords and login information in a secure ...
- Reduce multiple passwords to one single item.
- Store your online identities and passwords in encrypted databas...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Protect your confidential passwords from external access.
- Create or update secured passwords.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Get secure automated login and one click form filling.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Protect passwords, contacts, and appointments with personal inf...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Store all of your passwords and other sensitive data in a secur...
- Record and view every keystroke typed on keyboard.
- Manage and protect all your passwords securely.
- Keep all your confidential info secure & encrypted in one place...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"this program permits me to review any download"
Version: Passport 1.3
It is easy to use
I did not see any cons
Version: Passport 1.3
Good program, good idea...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content