Parallels Desktop for Mac is the first solution that gives Apple users the ability to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook or MacBook Pro. Unlike dual-boot solutions, in which users must completely shut down Mac OS X and endure a full OS start-up cycle to access a important application, Parallels Desktop for Mac empowers users with the ability to run important Windows programs like Outlook, Access, Internet Explorer and all other applications without having to give up the usability and functionality of their Mac OS X machine even for a few minutes.
What's new in this version:
- Support for Windows 8 tablet gestures
- Addition of a single tile to the Windows 8 interface for easy access to shared Mac apps
- Full USB 3.0 support for faster connections to peripheral devices
- Updated Retina display settings for easier screen optimization
- Smooth transitions when entering and exiting Coherence mode
- Increased virtual machine limits for running large appsPreviously available Parallels