CNET Editors' review
E-mailing large attachments never has been easy, but this new app combines P2P tech with a clean interface to make sharing files or folders up to 1 GB a cinch.
Circumventing FTP servers, online storage and tertiary email accounts, Pando either generates a link for instant messages and Web pages, or e-mails your recipient a tiny attachment. When the attachment or link is clicked, Pando connects to its server and downloads the "package," as the Pando people call your attachment's contents. Recipients even have 14 days to grab the package before it's deleted from the server.
The uncluttered interface uses drag-and-drop browsing to prepare your package. You don't have to wait for the user to install the app: a recipient without Pando is walked through a step-by-step setup process that ends with downloading the package. Packages can be forwarded before the download or upload process is complete -- a smart feature, given varying connection speeds. It took us only a few minutes to grab a 75 MB package. Other useful features include support for multiple addressees, Yahoo and Outlook plug-ins that automatically Pando-ize attachments, and a record of how many times your package has been downloaded.
Easy to use, Pando could drastically change how files are transferred between small groups of people.
From Pando Networks:
Pando is free, secure personal peer to peer software that makes sending, receiving and publishing files up to 1GB in size a breeze. Want to receive or distribute subscription-based content with the click of a button? Meet Pando. Version 188.8.131.52 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 184.108.40.206 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Open, view, and extract data from TNEF-encoded messages.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add a virtual webcam with amazing video effects to your video c...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Communicate within the company through LAN.
- Get notified to the email alerts and create custom notification...
- Add a virtual Webcam for video chats software such as Skype, MS...
- Update Eudora's mailbox table of content or mailbox files.
- Detect intruders with Webcams in your room and be alerted by e-...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Exploit your webcams and microphones to detect and record movem...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Chat over the Internet with up to 120 users via your Web camera...
- Run multiple Skype accounts on the same computer.
- Send and receive faxes in a network environment.
- Capture, edit, print, and share photos and videos from your Web...
- Create faxes from scanner and manage your documents.
- Receive audio and visual notification when you get new e-mail.
- Archive and back up e-mail messages and attachments.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Good software; not good on customer service"
Version: Pando 220.127.116.11
Does its job well. Subscribed to premium for a few months for a project I needed. But one beware...
Then when October renewal for November subscription was completed I followed directions to cancel. Sent a cancellation email as directed on November 3 and received a renewal debit notice on November 21. Sent an email and attached previous email. Response: your order is cancelled, but no return can be made. Wrote again with the relevant emails attached. Response: "Thank you for your sharing". It's not the small amount of money, it's the principle and maybe it's Digital River's fault but this is why we users get fed up with customer service.
Version: Pando 18.104.22.168
Easy to use, effective, efficient.
It's almost superfluous. I seldom have need to use it. Certain friends don't want to fool with another piece of software on their PCs. I don't often have humongous (gi-normous) files to send anyway.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content