Pages, the powerful word processor for Mac, has been completely redesigned for iPad. Its the most beautiful word processor youve ever seen on a mobile device. Documents look stunning on the bright, vivid iPad display. Use Multi-Touch gestures to lay out letters, flyers, brochures, reports, and more. You can start with a template or import an existing Pages or Microsoft Word document from Mail, your MobileMe iDisk, or a WebDAV service. Pages has everything you need to create and share documents, including beautiful Apple-designed templates, easy-to-use formatting options, and advanced layout tools. Start with the perfect template, create your document from scratch using your choice of colors, fonts, and textures, or import a Pages 09, Microsoft Word or text file. Pages makes it easy to edit and format your document. Style text, insert tabs, and set indents and margins with the streamlined style ruler. Use the Media Browser to add photos and videos from your Photos app. And make them look great with masks, shadows, reflections, and picture frames. You can resize, rotate, and move images around the page, and dynamic word wrapping automatically flows your text around them. Tap to layout your text in multiple columns or insert tables to organize your data. When your document is complete, use full-screen view to show your work right on your iPad. You can also send your document to anyone in Pages 09, Microsoft Word, or PDF format via Mail or iWork.com public beta. Or copy it to your MobileMe iDisk, your Mac or PC, or to the web using WebDAV. Using Pages on iPad, you can:
- View and edit Pages 09, Microsoft Word, and plain text files from Mail, the web, your MobileMe iDisk, a WebDAV service, or your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing.
- Share your work in Pages 09, Microsoft Word, or PDF format and send it via Mail. Or, publish to iWork.com public beta.
- Choose from 16 Apple-designed templates with matching styles to help you create beautiful letters, reports, flyers, cards, and posters.
- Create and edit your document in widescreen with the large onscreen keyboard, the optional iPad Keyboard Dock, or a wireless keyboard.
- Easily create documents with columns and dynamic text wrapping that flows your text around images.
- See a thumbnail preview of each page as you move through your document with the page navigator.
- Quickly add photos and videos from the Photos app with the Media Browser.
- Organize your data with intelligent charts and tables.
- Work without worry as documents are automatically saved whenever you make a change.
- Use the Undo button to go back through your previous changes even the next time you open your document.
- Copy documents from your iPad to your MobileMe iDisk, a WebDAV service or directly to your Mac or PC using iTunes File Sharing.
What's new in this version:
- Copy documents between Pages and your MobileMe iDisk or a WebDAV service.
- Option to display the word count for your document.
- Support for opening .txt files from Mail.
- Ability to group and ungroup objects.
- Import and export existing footnotes, endnotes, sections and tables of contents.
- Import and export Pages 09 tables with image background fills in cells.
- Improved export of tables with customized borders.
- Improved font matching when importing a Pages or Microsoft Word doc...
See all new features »