From Kevin Walzer:
PacketStream provides point-and-click activation of the Mac's built-in network monitoring program, which is usually available only from the command line. By clicking a few buttons, you can monitor data as it streams over your network--especially useful for checking web traffic, network bottlenecks, or even suspicious network activity. All network data is displayed in the application itself, and you can save the data to a file for further analysis later. PacketStream provides a user-friendly way to configure and use the Mac's network monitoring tools. It is easier than typing in cryptic commands in Terminal. As a native Aqua application, it is more intuitive to use than complex, hard-to-install, Unix-based GUI programs. And it is simpler than more expensive "swiss army knife" network programs, which are overkill for most users.
What's new in this version:
New configuration assistant lets you specify which network interface to listen on, replacing earlier auto-detect mechanism that was inconsistent.
Alerts are now configured in preferences.
Expanded AppleScript support.
More responsive display of data from long-running scan: less prone to lock up program.
More Products to Consider
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Wireless LAN site survey.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Graphical user interface for OpenVPN.
- Remote access using IPSec or SSL VPN.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Remote control to manage Macs.
- Discover and manage networks.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Access and control your Mac from a tablet, phone or a PC.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Secure Apple Remote Desktop and VNC client.
- Disconnects a PPP connection once a download finishes.
- Social network analysis & visualization.
- Displays system information in the menu bar.
- Decode captured data.