CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
The BYOD (bring-your-own-device) trend is a new reality, with employees bringing their own smartphones and tablets into the workplace. The idea is to be more productive, but compatibility issues with applications can hinder that. Case in point is Microsoft Office: the only way you can view and edit MS Office documents on your Apple device (for now) is by installing a third-party app. Polaris Office is such an app; it offers users a way to view and edit MS Office docs, as well as PDFs, with incredible ease. We tested it on our iPad.
Polaris Office opens with sample Word, Excel, and PowerPoint docs that you can open and manipulate to get a little practice. The editing tools appear at the top of the screen, and while their function may not be readily apparent at first, tapping each one while in practice mode will give you its function. You'll find Undo and Redo functions and an Insert button for adding images, text boxes, shapes, tables, and even a quick picture taken with your camera. There's a formatting menu for adding touches of color, and for manipulating font size, paragraph alignment, and style. We selected a bit of text, and with just a few taps, we were able to change the font color, style, and size. Likewise, saving the changes to the document was a simple matter of tapping Save as, naming it, and saving it to the Inbox. If you need to access a document or spreadsheet from an e-mail, open the document from an e-mail and select Open in Polaris Office from the menu. It's as easy as that.
Polaris Office does have an ample Help menu, including an FAQ, but you shouldn't need it thanks to the app's ease of use. It comes with a fairly hefty price tag of $12.99, but it's worth the cost if you need to view and edit MS Office documents while on the go. We recommend it for all users.
POLARIS Office 5 special discount $19.99 -> $12.99 (35%) * Meet the new and improved POLARIS Office 5 with more powerful document editing features, Microsoft Office compatibility, and a faster document loading speed. POLARIS Office, 2013's most downloaded business application in 68 countries! - Media Coverage - "POLARIS Office is the best solution for editing MS Office documents on the go." - "POLARIS Office is one of the best productivity apps for iPad with solid performance and a reasonable price tag." - "POLARIS Office boasts the most advanced editing technologies among its peers." Introduction to POLARIS Office 5 With powerful document editing features and excellent Microsoft Office compatibility, POLARIS Office 5 is the best mobile office solution for iPhone and iPad. For easy use on mobile devices, quick access to email-attached files, cloud storage integration, file manager, and other convenient functions have been added. Advantages of POLARIS Office 5 High compatibility with Microsoft Office document More than 500 powerful editing functions Capable of more than 300 data analysis instances and fast document loading Supports a variety of cloud services Stunning presentation Simple and elegant design Key Features of POLARIS Office 5 View and edit Microsoft Office documents / View documents in PDF and HWP formats Integrates a variety of cloud storage services (Dropbox, Box, WebDAV, etc.) 15 templates / 20 2D/3D charts / 173 shapes / More than 300 functions and automatic data calculation View Conditional Formatting and Pivot Tables / Provide a Custom Keyboard for editing sheets Apply and edit 37 slide transition effects / View object animation Pointer and memo for Slideshow / Slideshow notes Add and edit header, footer, endnote, and footnote / Ruler function Camera mode that can be used to take pictures and apply them to the document / Insert and play video clips / Directly open zip files Supported Devices and Requirements Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch / iOS 7 and above Supported Formats Edit (doc/docx, xls/xlsx, ppt/pptx, txt) / View (pdf, hwp) Supported Languages Supported UI languages (Korean, English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, German, French, Spanish, and Hebrew) / Input languages (Most languages supported by iOS) Online ChannelWebsite : http://www.polarisoffice.com/en/ Blog : http://polarisoffice.wordpress.com/ Facebook : www.facebook.com/polarisoffice Twitter : https://twitter.com/PolarisOffice
What's new in this version: - Fixed an issue to display the slide show documents- Fixed an issue to save document- Fixed other known bugs
More Products to Consider
- Administrators If you have any questions regarding licensing or...
- ----------------------Good news--------------------------One mo...
- Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition applicatio...
- VMEye allows iPhone users to view and control live video stream...
- HIKVISION iVMS-4500 is a mobile phone surveillance application ...
- Onavo Protect keeps you and your data safe wherever you are. On...
- Keep track of the SEO status of your Web page.
- Provide a keyword research to improve your Web site's SEO rank.
- KMEye allows iPhone users to view and control live video stream...
- Have you ever had to make a decision but just didn't have chang...
- Citrix Receiver lets you access your enterprise files, applicat...
- Have you ever had to make a decision but just didn't have chang...
- A great way to manage your weekly schedule, calendar and todo's...
- SEE Multi LIVE & Playback view (1, 4, 9 or 16channel View), swi...
- Looking to access your Microsoft Office files at any time? All ...
- Scan a QR-Code attached to a device and borrow or return the de...
- Nutri-Touch is a handy mobile application for personal nutritio...
- MACinspect provides an easy way to inspect heavy machinery from...
- Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook suite of applications.
- Keep the decision-makers throughout your company up to date no ...
- Pages Manager helps admins connect with their audience and keep...
- The "Carey App" provides easy booking features for all Carey se...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- At Cubeware, we view ourselves as solution providers and apply ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: POLARIS Office 5 - edit Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint, Excel documents 4.1.10
I don't have ms office on my computer so it's convenient to be able to open up the doc on my phone ( and not have to download and go through google docs to view it). It saves me a lot of time and effort.
None that I have come across.
Totally worth it.
"There was a real Office App"
Version: POLARIS Office 5 - edit Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint, Excel documents 4.0.2
Fantastic UI and so far so good functionality for a new app. All of the Ms office documents create, viewing very well.
i wanna sugarsync~!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content