PHP is a widely-used general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. If you are new to PHP and want to get some idea of how it works, try the introductory tutorial. After that, check out the online manual, and the example archive sites and some of the other resources available in the links section.
What's new in this version:
- Updated bundled OpenSSL to version 0.9.8d in the Windows distro.
- Updated Postgresql client libraries to 8.1.4 in the Windows distro.
- Updated PCRE to version 6.7.
- Updated libsqlite in ext/pdo_sqlite to 3.3.7.
- Updated bundled MySQL client library to version 5.0.22 in the Windows distribution.
- Updated timezonedb to version 2006.14.
- Added ability to make SOAP call userspace PHP<->XML converters.
- Added support for charact... See all new features »