CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
PDX Bus is an award winning application that displays arrival times for public transport in Portland, Oregon. ** PDX Bus won Best in Show at the CivicApps.org awards **This little application uses the Internet to quickly access TriMet's live tracking data to display arrival times perfectly formatted for the iPhone. It allows you to bookmark frequently used stops, displays recently accessed stops, and gives details for arrivals which are en-route.You can enter the stop "id" of the stop (as displayed at each stop or station) or you can browse the routes for the stop.Feature includes:- Interactive rail maps, showing the MAX, WES and Streetcar stops.- Embedded maps, showing locations of stops, and when available, the last known position of the bus or train.- Use GPS to locate nearby stops or rail stations.- Browse routes and stops, show an entire route on the map.- Links to TriMet route information.- Displays Rider Alerts, and Detours.- A "Nighttime visibility flasher" - a flashing screen that can be used at night so that drivers can see you. TriMet suggests holding up a cell phone to make yourself visible to bus drivers.-Trip Planning - now you can use the same trip planning feature that is available on TriMet's web site.- Specially formatted text to work with the iPhone 3GS VoiceOver accessibility feature to speak arrivals.- QR code reader to read codes at bus stops and stationsRoute and arrival data provided by permission of TriMet.Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.Note: this free application was developed as a volunteer effort to provide a service for TriMet riders, the developer has no affiliation with TriMet, or Apple. Suggestions and feedback are welcome.
What's new in this version: * Fixed stop ID 13604 - added NS Line arrivals.* Optimized rail maps to use "tiles" - reducing crashes due to memory issues.* Added additional informational hotspots to streetcar map.* Trip planner min walk distances now match web site (1/10, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, 1 & 2 miles).* Commuter bookmarks fixed (startup sequence is different in iOS6).
More Products to Consider
- Translate between different languages on desktop.
- Convert English sentences to Hindi and vice-versa.
- View geographical data from GPS devices.
- Check current status of trains Indian railway.
- Convert Google Earth into a real-time GPS navigation for laptop...
- Book your railway tickets in India.
- Track a mobile object in real time by GPRS / 3G connection on W...
- Convert UTM coordinates to latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Generate subtitles for the movie based on your vocabulary.
- Translate any text on a Web page and other applications just by...
- Search and compare flights to find best fares.
- Combine together maps, satellite imagery, GPS tracking, instant...
- Convert English letters to Devanagari.
- Translate Web contents, chat, and documents between English and...
- Manage your own GPS tracks.
- Estimate the position of a dragged sensor based on the location...
- Translate Skype chats to Dutch, French, Chinese or Japanese.
- Edit GPS tracks: analyze trajectory and structure, filter, merg...
- Determine what the time is in another part of the world.
- Plan your US and Canada trips.
- Plan all your flights with ease.
- Translate text into different languages with the ability to rec...
- Translate English words into Indonesian and vice-versa.
- Eliminate language barriers with speech to speech translator.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content