A newer version of PDF-XChange Viewer is available.Or, Learn More About PDF-XChange Viewer
Full user review
""So Much More Than Just A Viewer - This Does The Lot""
- Feature Rich Viewer that offers Infinite Customisation
- Editing Tools to satisfy the most demanding of persons and which include Stamps, Sticky Notes, Highlightsing, Text Tool, Underline, Cross-Out Tool, Eraser .....
- Aditional features include Bookmarks, Tabs, URL Links, Attachments, Import/Export Comments, Multiple Print Functions, Password Security, Insert/Extract/Delete Pages, OCR, emailing files .....
- IT HAS IT ALL.
- A 200 page Help function is heavy reading, and could benefit from downsizing to eliminate the extensive repetition & make it easier to find what you are actually looking for.
- Cannot think of any additional feature that I would like to see apart from encryption.
Switched from Adobe to Foxit to reduce the demand on PC resouces and the "clumsy" approach used by Adobe. Foxit was better (lighter), but is now also becoming bloated and putting too much time into security rather than editing features.
Have been using XChange viewer (poor name, doesn't state what it does) for 2+ years now and cannot believe what I am getting for FREE.
Reading the "Preferences" and "Toolbar Customisation" help features will quickly let you exchange the cluttered feel fo the default GUI for a cleaner, lighter one. After that, most of the mark up and commenting tools are intuitive, but you may need to revisit the help function to establish how to customise some of them (TIP:- Right click on chosen tool, then left click Properties, then experiment). The extensive tools menu includes Yellow Sticky Notes, Text box, Call-out, Text Highlighting, Text Cross-out, Text Underline, and much more. Choose from 14 Stamps (Approved, Draft etc) plus you can create your own (including your own signature) from any image, PDF or the clipboard. The zoom function will satisfy the most myopic of persons (including me).
Multiple print options let you produce brochures or books, with an auto-rotate feature to let you fit a Landscape onto a Portrait paper size, but be careful to check your selected print option if your mark-ups don't show.
I love the Tabs facilities which let you go to another page in your PDF, or elsewhere on the same page. You can also create tabs to open a web link, or another file.
90%+ of the PRO features - Insert/Extract/Delete Pages, Rotate, Digitally Sign - are available in the Free version but come at a price - you must accept the DEMO watermarks although imaginative users can find ways around this. If, for example, you just want to merge PDF's - then download PDF Redirect where this feature comes free of charge without watermarks.
There are many, many more rich features to use and enjoy in this software. You will never look for another PDF viewer/editor.