From NicePDF Software:
Convert PDF file between different versions for compatibility purpose.
Every PDF file is generated or produced according to a specification. This specification has evolved from version 1.0 to version 2.0. Sometimes users are faced with the dilemma that a certain application only recognizes a specific version of PDF file. For example, some journal publishers only accept submission of PDF files of version 1.4 or later, some obsolete Windows applications only read PDF files of version 1.2. Suppose you have a PDF file of version 1.1, what would you like to do? PDF Version Converter is the answer. This software utility enables you to convert PDF files between different versions; you can upgrade or downgrade PDF version among,
PDF version 1.0 (Adobe Acrobat 1.x)
PDF version 1.1 (Adobe Acrobat 2.x)
PDF version 1.2 (Adobe Acrobat 3.x)
PDF version 1.3 (Adobe Acrobat 4.x)
PDF version 1.4 (Adobe Acrobat 5.x)
PDF version 1.5 (Adobe Acrobat 6.x)
PDF version 1.6 (Adobe Acrobat 7.x)
PDF version 1.7 (Adobe Acrobat 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, ISO 32000)
PDF version 2.0 (Adobe Acrobat, ISO 32000-2)
You may notice that the actual file size of the generated PDF file after conversion is a little different from the original, simply because different PDF specifications differ in structuring and organizing the objects in a PDF file.
What's new in this version:
Add support for Windows 8 64-bit and PDF version 2.0
I have a bunch of PDF files of version 1.5 that need to be submitted to the editorial for review. The publishing house requires PDF version 1.7, and the freeware PDF converter has done a perfect jobs. Since the volume is high, and I am to purchase the PDF version converter command line version.
If I can convert multiple PDF files at a time with the GUI version, that'll be more than perfect.
The license is free, so whatever problems may have been associated with registering are now long gone. This program really helped me out of a bind. If you need to change the version of a pdf file, this program works wonders and very simple to use.
1. Product activation over the internet failed to work
2. Can only use product on one machine
3. Need to apply to the seller to reactivate the product if you need to reinstalled the software
4. Experience with this seller indicates that this option is fraught with problems
5. The help desk consists of an automated email
6. After going back to the seller 5 times the software is still not working
7. I have asked for a refund but that has not appeared either
8. My advice look somewhere else
9. Note this seller using different names & home sites produces the similar programs "DocSmartz-PDF-to-Word Converter," "PDF-File PDF Converter 1," "1-2-3FileConvert 1," "1-2-3PDFConverter 1.5," and "PDF to Text."