CNET Editors' reviewPDF files can be extraordinarily useful, but it can often be convenient to have the content in a different form. This application helps extract the content of PDF files into editable RTF text or HTML, but unfortunately functions smoothly only with the simplest documents. In our tests, documents with no advanced formatting or embedded images came out well. However, the application turned complicated documents into an almost unreadable mess. Moreover, the program simply froze when we tried to process a large PDF file. Only two options are provided for text transformation: with images and without. With these concerns in mind, we'd recommend most computer users find a more powerful application better able to deliver results.
From PDF Bean:
PDF Ripper is efficient software to extract image, text, chart, formula, vector drawings from Adobe PDF files. With this program, you can easily collect materials from existing PDF documents, and save them into HTML format, RTF format and plain text format. If you are looking for a converter program to convert PDF to Word, PDF to RTF, PDF to HTML, PDF to Text with a minimum loss of information while preserving the layout and graphics of the original PDF documents, you shouldn't miss PDF Ripper. Batch extraction and conversion are supported. Options such as to adjust zoom ratio, merge paragraphs, set password for encrypted PDF files, optimize images and output file size, embed PDF document information are provided. PDF Ripper supports all PDF standards from PDF 1.0 to PDF 2.0, and it does not requires Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word, since it is standalone and royalty-free.
What's new in this version: Convert PDF to Word, PDF to RTF, PDF to HTML, PDF to Text on Windows 8 much faster
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Send MS Word documents via e-mail as GIF or JPEG images instead...
- Convert multiple file types into Word or Excel.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert HTML to various formats (DOC, RTF, TXT) and vice-versa.
- Convert batches of MS Office documents to PDF format.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert Word and Excel files to HTML and other formats.
- Extract text, tables, and graphics from PDF files.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert your files between various formats.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Transform VMG Files into various document formats.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Extract text from PDF, DOC, RTF, CHM, or HTML files.
- Print, e-mail, and save your T-shirts designs all from your des...
- Convert Adobe Acrobat files to Microsoft Word or HTML format.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert your word documents into image files.
- Convert XPS to PDF and PDF to XPS format.
All versions:1.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Product is useless!"
Version: PDF Ripper 2.01
It converts a PDF to plain text.
Of the five options, the only two that work are PDF -> HTML and PDF -> TEXT. The other options give a "Invalid class string." error. I have tried to contact support, however, I get an error or "Relaying denied. Proper authentication required." Obviously they need to learn to configure their mail server properly. I know it's not on my end because my mail server requires authentication to send out any emails.
Therefore, you have a product that does not work and it is impossible to contact support. This is one trial software I have happily uninstalled.
"Works if you only want the images... Lay-out won't work..."
Version: PDF Ripper 2.01
You can rip all images...
You can choose to convert into HTML/RTF including images and layout... but that doesn't work... So you must edit your layout yourself