CNET Editors' reviewDespite its initially attractive range of features, PDF Manager proves to be a useful, but not stellar tool for working with PDF documents. Its primary attractions are the ability to search for text inside compressed documents, and to turn PDFs into TXT format. Most of its other features can be performed using search utilities already freely available inside Windows or Adobe Acrobat. PDF Manager does not allow users to refine their searches by filtering results, a feature that could have helped raise it above the pack. Nor can users save search parameters in order to speed the same searches later. The trial version disables many of the key features, hampering the evaluation process. All things considered, we believe the program can certainly be useful, but the features available simply don't seem to justify its fairly steep price tag.
PDF Manager allows you to quickly search text in PDF files by performing a speedy full-text search, and enables you to convert PDF files to TXT files. With PDF Manager, you will easily find the information you want in all documents on your hard disk or local network. Another feature of PDF Manager is the universal conversion, which is able to convert PDF to TXT, convert RTF to TXT, convert DOC to TXT, convert HTM to TXT, convert XLS to TXT.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Extract plain text from PDF files.
- Convert HTML to various formats (DOC, RTF, TXT) and vice-versa.
- Manage, search, and rename your files.
- Search any full-text document or data source by content.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Convert TXT files to Palm PDB format.
- Batch convert AFP to TXT files via input and output folder on M...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Convert ordinary text files into HTML documents.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Extract text, tables, and graphics from PDF files.
- Convert PDF file to text files.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Search and replace texts in Web pages and convert between CSV.
- Convert your files between various formats.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...