PDF Converter Professional
Full user review
"Nuance PDF Suite leaves a nasty taste"
1. When working does create good quality, well presented PDF's
2. Appending function can be useful
1. 1. Crashes Office and won't work with IE9 at all
2. Post market support the worst ever experienced
3. Knowledge base unhelpful (has circular references to pages just visited)
3. Product registration & activation the most cumbersome on the planet. Product performance belies the need for such tight antipiracy security
5. File compression not great with large scan files
6. Not cheap
Unlike Omnipage software from the same company, this product is a massive disappointment. Apart from the fact that key design elements which are meant to differentiate the product don't work, the requirement to uninstall & reinstall the product to fix bugs eg post Windows update, reduces the number of activations that are allowed (this is despite the fact that uninstalling the program is meant to be logged on the company's activation server). Discussions with Nuance 'customer service' in relation to the activation issue remind me of similar experiences with some of the big Telco providers. No call backs, dismissive conversations where problems are deflected, shuffled from person to person, no responsibility taken for a bad product. I should add, post a 30 day period you will be asked to pay for the privilege of having technical support offer their insight to the cause. They will ask you to review the knowledge base, uninstall other programs, downgrade other software and finally ask you to disable functions that were part of the design. The final straw for me was when a suggestion was made to upgrade to the next edition (where all of the bugs have been apparently fixed). Don't mind if I don't thank you. The product is still running but in bare bones form. Unless you want have an insight into how products shouldn't be designed and supported, please save yourself some trauma & look elsewhere.