PCalc 3 is a fully featured scriptable scientific calculator for Mac OS X with support for hexadecimal, octal and binary calculations, as well as an RPN mode, programmable functions, and an extensive set of unit conversions. A Dashboard Widget is included with the main application. A special version of the previous PCalc 2 release was included by Apple with most Macs sold in the US during 2002.
What's new in this version:
- Quick fraction entry, so you can type 2..3 for two thirds.
- An option for a fixed four register RPN stack.
- An option to set the lower value where scientific notation display starts.
- A new "Lighting" section in the conversions, as well as inch/mm of mercury and water in the pressure section.
- Much faster number entry from the keyboard.