From Lava Software:
PC-Mac-Net FileShare Lite is free, peer-to-peer, file-sharing software. It allows you to easily and securely transfer files and folders between all varieties of Windows, Macintosh and Linux computers over a Local Area Network (LAN) or over the Internet. It is a secure, enhanced replacement for Microsoft Windows file sharing, and thus helps protect your home, office or school network from Internet hackers. It also allows you to easily swap digital home movies, photo collections, MP3s and documents with your family, friends and co-workers over the Internet. Large files can be transferred reliably, even when using dialup modems, and transfers between computers can be stopped and resumed at any time. Any files, folders or disks on your computer can be selected for sharing, and file access is protected by highly secure 896-bit encryption and sharing passwords.
The Lite Edition has a file size limit of 10MB, and the commercial Standard and Professional Editions have no limits.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Analyze and view remote network computer statistics.
- Scan the Web content and local files.
- Track hardware and software installed on network computers.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Manage NTFS permissions on Windows file servers.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Works well now on Win98SE as well..."
Version: PC-Mac-Net FileShare Lite 6.0.2
The problems have been fixed now on Win98SE, and the software has been fully verified on all supported platforms: Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP, MacOS X (including Tiger), MacOS Classic (System 8.6+) and Linux (i86).
"crashed before getting started"
Version: PC-Mac-Net FileShare Lite 5.1
The software had glowing reviews, and sounded like an efficient, tight, and effective program.
The program crashed instead of starting on Windows 98SE, even when it was the only thing running. Produced 'Invalid page fault in an unknown module.' Also it is 10 megabytes in size. Doesn't live up to the hype.
"Very useful program"
Version: PC-Mac-Net FileShare Lite 3.1
Works well and helps me protect my home network from hackers (built-in windows file sharing is very insecure). I have also used it successfully to share photos and music over the Internet with friends, which is a bonus. I highly recommend it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content