OsiriX has been specifically designed for navigation and visualization of multimodality and multidimensional images: 2D Viewer, 3D Viewer, 4D Viewer (3D series with temporal dimension, for example: Cardiac-CT) and 5D Viewer (3D series with temporal and functional dimensions, for example: Cardiac-PET-CT). The 3D Viewer offers all modern rendering modes: Multiplanar reconstruction (MPR), Surface Rendering, Volume Rendering and Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP). All these modes support 4D data and are able to produce image fusion between two different series (for example: PET-CT).
Osirix is at the same time a DICOM PACS workstation for medical imaging and an image processing software for medical research (radiology and nuclear imaging), functional imaging, 3D imaging, confocal microscopy and molecular imaging.
Osirix supports a complete plug-ins architecture that allows you to expand the capabilities of OsiriX for your personal needs! This plug-in architecture gives you access to the powerfull Cocoa framework with an easy object-oriented and dynamic language: Objective-C.
What's new in this version:
- Certified for Snow Leopard compatibility (MacOS 10.6)
- New 'AutoCropping Algorithm' technology in 3D VR/MIP -> Between 20% to 100% faster rendering speed
- minIP for 3D MPR
- C-GET SCU/SCP (Dynamic IP address DICOM transfers)
- Settings for compression per modality
- JP2000 compression support, with quality level option
- Support for OpenJPEG JPEG2000 encoding
- OpenJPEG is 2.2x times faster : OpenJPEG is now faster than JasperLib ... See all new features »