CNET Editors' review
OrgChart Professional is a feature-packed program that allows users to create impressive organizational charts. Because of the number of features it contains, it's not the most intuitive program we've used, but a bit of time spent with the Help file will allow users to master the program's many functions.
The interface is a bit cluttered and can be overwhelming at first, with lots of menus and buttons everywhere. Although it's possible to create an organizational chart just by fooling around with the program, beginners should really start with the Help file, a 282-page PDF that contains plenty of detailed tutorials and screenshots. Within 15 minutes you'll be creating attractive 3D charts and learning about the program's features at the same time. We very much enjoyed the fact that so much of the chart creation process simply involves dragging and dropping various components; although there are many advanced features, the program's interface makes it quite simple to perform the basics. OrgChart Professional delivers everything you'd expect from such a program in terms of features. Users can easily customize the appearance of both the chart components and background. A variety of shapes, components, and alignment options make it possible to create charts representative of any organization, no matter how complex. The program allows users to import and export data in a variety of formats; we especially liked that the program could create interactive Flash versions of the charts. Overall, we were quite impressed with the program's capabilities.
OrgChart Professional is free to try, but the trial version limits users to 30 boxes. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
OrgChart Pro is an easy-to-use and comprehensive organizational charting application. Create your charts in minutes. Drag-and-drop to draw charts - or - automatically create charts from Excel or any database. Then, powerful formatting tools enable you to color and format charts to give a beautiful visual of your company's organization, complete with photos.
You can even use OrgChart as a mini HR database and track employee performance, hire dates, headcount, budget, job descriptions.
Share the charts using the Flash publish option to create your company's org chart web site, or publish to hi-res Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Interactive PDF, If you decide to import data, OrgChart enables synchronization with data sources so you can quickly refresh your chart as input data changes. You can even schedule OrgChart to run automatically and update charts on a regular basis. Chart from 50 up to 15000 employees with the Corporate version.
What's new in this version:
New in Version 6:
- Interactive PDF. Publish to a special interactive PDF that enables anyone to navigate through the different levels of the organization.
- Succession Planning - Replace & Promote. With a single click you can find, replace and promote employees. Query employees based on any attributes and criteria you desire to quickly find and develop a succession plan. What previously took many tedious steps is now simple and easy to do.
- Custom Rules. Define and im... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create SharePoint Org Charts from lists or databases.
- Create professional organizational charts in minutes.
- Create professional photo organizational charts in a simple way...
- Learn how to reuse legacy forms by converting them to XML data ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Perform in-depth analysis of formula results with just two clic...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create and revize process and workflow diagrams without ever us...
- Play a poker card game.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create formatted worksheets, charts, pivottables, drill workshe...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Download, chart, and analyze free historical data from the Inte...
- Overview your customer's account receivables and collection ana...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Organize and validate data against control and spec limits.
- Create animated charts in the Macromedia Flash SWF format.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 32 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Excellent data handling for WorkDay or an HR System"
Version: OrgChart Professional 6.1
Our HR group just finished a 3-month project consolidating all our people data into Workday and we needed a method to validate the organization and perform headcount analysis.
We had fits and starts with different tools, but OrgChart Pro (which strangely was not easy to find) was instrumental in turning the WorkDay people data into great looking organisation charts, useful for headcount and span of control analysis as well as helping everyone validate that we had the right people in key positions.
Our experience with OrgChart has been that it is wonderfully flexible with our company's workforce data. Graphics and outputs looked great, but this program's ability to manage personnel data and provide a method for easy updates was what helped the most in validating our Workday conversion.
At first it seemed like too many options. Later these proved mostly useful.
This was a great find.