CNET Editors' review
Take one of the fastest, most modifiable browsers on a portable drive and use it on any computer. With Opera Portable Edition you'll never have to settle for using onboard options like Internet Explorer on any public computer again.
Opera Portable Edition behaves like most modern browsers and its sleek interface is a delight to look at. It works with practically no setup and pages load incredibly quickly. This portable browser can be personalized through various add-ons and apps. One thing you don't need to download is a pop-up blocker, as Opera has one already installed for you. Even though it's much smaller than the full version of Opera and other portable browsers, Opera Portable Edition is still powerful: you can have a dozen or more tabs open without the Web browser bogging down or crashing, even if you're streaming music or videos online.
People who already use Opera need no convincing to download Opera Portable Edition. This portable browser gives you all of the performance you love and it doesn't require confusing setup. Install this app on your portable drive if you have to use public computers often; it just might convert you into an Opera fan.
Opera Portable Edition is a lightweight, customizable browser designed for speed. It's the popular Opera web browser packaged as a portable app, so you can take your browser with you. Opera Portable Editions' features include: mouse gestures, Opera Turbo, speed dial, Opera link, customization, Opera Mail, Opera Unite, Content blocking, and sophisticated tabs.
More Products to Consider
- Explore the Web using Google's super-fast browser.
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Run Java applications on your Windows computer.
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- View Flash multimedia content through your browser.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Take your bookmarks, surf internet, and experience the private ...
- Navigate the Web with HTTPS browser that encrypts browsing sess...
- Surf the Web with browser with automatic form filler, popup blo...
- Download video from Metacafe, Vimeo, Facebok, and other sites v...
- Flash Player preview version with new video hardware accelerati...
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
- Navigate the Internet using browser with powerful search, shari...
- Surf the Web with an immersive browser for Windows 7 and Vista.
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Download YouTube video from your browser with one-click.
- Hide your private folders quickly and safely.
- Delete browser traces and hide your identity while surfing the ...
- Protect your privacy and defend yourself against network survei...
- Hide files and folders in local and removable partitions.
- Recover password to open and extract RAR files.
- Access the Internet via VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers by vo...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"12.16 - Bug found."
Version: Opera Portable Edition 12.16
I have only been running it for a couple of days. It seems to be OK.
I am running this portable app from my flash drive. When I start it up, a blue Downloads folder is created in my User's Favorites folder.
I have set up the Downloads path in Opera's Preferences for my User's Downloads folder as follows:
The blue Downloads folder inside the Favorites folder is exactly the same as the "real" one just above the Favorites folder.
If I close Opera, delete the Downloads folder inside the Favorites folder, then reopen Opera, the Downloads folder is created again inside the Favorites folder. The create date/time for the Downloads folder inside the Favorites folder is when I opened Opera.
So, there is a bug in this version.
When I download something from the Internet, Opera tries to download it to my Documents folder. So, it is ignoring the path I set up and the new Downloads folder it created.
I am not sure if I will keep this portable browser. If there is one bug, there are probably others. I posted something to the PortableApps.com website forum and another help forum. So far, no answers.
"fast install, but that was all"
Version: Opera Portable Edition 12.10
fast install on Win2K
didn't start as there was a message about not finding opera.dll
had to re-install older version due to error after install of 12.10
"privacy beter than chrome"
Version: Opera Portable Edition 11.61
faster as chrome
none I can think
"The bestbrowser I have never used."
Version: Opera Portable Edition 11.50
Fast, GOOD - GOOD. Easy install, few memory used, Very large collection of add ons, widgets.
Completely anonymus with many tools for cleaning all reserved data, few space required- PORTABLE AND FREE. MULTILINGUAL.
NONE AT ALL. For all users
I recommend at all this software to all users.
THERE IS NON BETTER THAN THIS.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content