High-performance multiple protocol data access components provide transparent access to remote databases from any ODBC-, JDBC-, OLE DB-, or ADO.NET-compliant application. Desktop Productivity Tools (i.e., Spreadsheets, Word Processors, Presentation Packages, Desktop Databases, Personal Organizers, etc.), Client-Server Application Development Environments, Web-based Database Publishing Tools, and Computer Telephony Integration packages, are just a few of the many products that can take advantage of our standards compliance.
These service components enables connections from OpenLink Generic Clients on any platform, to local or TCP/IP accessible remote PostgreSQL instances on any platform.
- Blistering Performance
- ODBC v1.0 through v3.5 Compliance
- ODBC Core, Level 1, Level 2, and Extensions support
- Client-based Scrollable Cursor Support
- Unmanaged and 100% Managed ADO.NET Providers support connections from Windows .NET and any Mono-supported environment including Mac OS X, Solaris, etc.
- JDBC Type 1 connections supported from any Java Run-Time environment
- JDBC Type 3 connections supported from any Java Run-Time environment when found on an OpenLink Generic ODBC Client-supported platform
- Type 1 and Type 3 JDBC drivers are fully compatible with JDK/JRE/JVM 1.1 thru 1.4
- OpenLink OLE DB Provider for ODBC supports connections from Windows
- Server installations include ODBC and JDBC client components for all platforms, and OLE DB and ADO.NET client components for Windows.
What's new in this version:
- Improved support for cross-platform character set translation, including full Unicode compliance