From Giles Williams:
Oolite is a space sim game, incorporating trade, battles with pirates, bounty hunting, secret missions and more. It features high-quality sound and smooth, fast three dimensional graphics, written specifically for Mac OS X using Cocoa and OpenGL. And it's free.
Oolite was written by Giles Williams, who was inspired by the work of David Braben and Ian Bell with Elite, however this work is an entirely independent interpretation of the original game. Oolite has benefited greatly from the responses of the many people who volunteer their time to test the game and suggest improvements.
Version 1.20 introduces much requested compatibility with Mac OS 10.2.8 (Jaguar), and also brings significant improvements to the simulation, notably with the introduction of ship group behaviours (formation flying for example).
The game and source-code are offered for free under a modified BSD license.
What's new in this version:
- Oolite now compatible with Mac OS X 10.2.8.
- Several important bug fixes (thanks to Steve Sims, and No Sleep)!
- Fuel Injector sound effects.
- AI Tweaks.
- Implemented formation flying and group behaviour for traders, police and pirates.
- Changed the scheme which decides where you end up after a Galactic Hyperspace jump, fixing a bug in the first mission.
- HUD choice implemented as a variable for the player ship.
- Updat... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Install new extensions and manage the ones you already have.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Download and manage torrent files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Try the faster browser that lets you get the most from today's ...
- Protect online privacy, detect known and unknown keyloggers.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Start your online shop with open source shopping cart solution ...
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: