CNET Editors' review
Tracking a number of items--sales, inventory, suppliers, customers, employees, and more--is a snap with this MS Access-based app that's easy to use and master.
Omega Enterprise Manager launches a large window within which a smaller menu window lets you navigate to its many database interfaces and reports. However, even after you install and launch the app the first time, you'll be prompted to download and install a package of Support files, which includes Microsoft Access 2002 Runtime. The program also launches an Internet nag window when you boot it. Once the app is up and running, the design makes understanding and using its tools a very simple matter. We were pleased with Omega Enterprise Manager's performance during our tests. The design created a good work flow, and we appreciated the preloaded categories for credit ratings and billing cycles. Adding to or editing these preformatted items was simply a matter of clicking a button on the appropriate window. Adding customers, products, employees, and similar categories of items also was a simple process. We especially liked the Reports feature, with its Summaries for sales, orders, payroll, accounts, and accounts receivable.
The 15-day trial period may prove short for many users, but the price for a registered copy of the app isn't too harsh. And the ease of use may convince a trial user of the app's worth very quickly. Overall, this is a very nice, handy package.
From Omega Expert:
Omega Enterprise Manager is a complete administrative solution for your business. You can manage all aspects of your company from a single comprehensive, highly flexible software application. Omega Enterprise Manager allows you to keep track of suppliers and employees, accounts and customers, your inventory. And, you won't need to go elsewhere to produce professional-quality, readable, meaningful reports : Sales summaries, profit margins, employee schedules, orders, cost summaries and more. It's all available at the click of a mouse, from one indispensable application: Omega Enterprise Manager.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Organize and store records of assets belonging to your company ...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Create and edit Windows application skins.
- Create and manage your Invoices, Quotes.
- Find and filter feeds, deliver RSS content to your desktop.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Track time and generate reports.
- Organize financial, human, and inventory resources to plan task...
- Manage your business invoice, contacts, quotes, basic accounts,...
- Create and edit your own Feeds.