CNET Editors' reviewThough this tiny program automates shutdown operations and process terminations, it doesn't always perform as expected. OffTimer's basic interface displays only two tabs. In the first, you can shut down, reboot, or log off at a scheduled time or by using a countdown timer. You can choose a process from the second tab and use either of the two methods to set termination time, followed by no action or a system-shutdown action. The Processes tab also includes an option to run a program. Buttons across the bottom let you terminate a process or run a shutdown command immediately, and reset or exit the program. OffTimer's shutdown operations worked fine during our testing, but the program wasn't always as effective managing processes and occasionally executed the wrong action. Even though anyone can use this simple five-day trial application, it's easily outclassed by the plethora of more functional applications available, including some freeware options.
From Dan Beland:
Off Timer is designed to shut down any program or process at a predetermined time. It also features a countdown timer mode. This works on individual or multiple programs as well as providing optionality for shutdown, restart/reboot and logging off. Version 2.0 has improved performance for Windows XP, accepts command line parameters, and the Window title is displayed in processes view.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Run Windows 8 Modern applications in resizable windows on your ...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Schedule to automatically restart or shut down your computer.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Close programs, and shut down computer with timer.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Get beeps to know cooking time is up.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Shut down your computer with the click of a button or hot key.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Automate your PC shutdown, restart, stand by and hide all windo...
- Shut down your PC with a click of a mouse.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Control your computer's shutdown function using a countdown tim...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Turn off your computer automatically on specified time.
- Personalize your Windows 8 start and lock screens with your own...
- Play music to remind you perform a certain task.
- Shut down Windows-based PCs from a command prompt.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Shutdown your computer in a specified amount of time.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"great simple program!"
Version: OffTimer 2
really like the fact that i can continue my downloads and all other programs and only turning off windows media player so that i can fall asleep to nice music and yet not be flooded with it in my dreams!
not much, really. simple interface and improved from v1.2!