Things it does:
- Will update your host
- Will attempt to update at a user specified interval
- Will use the IP that you connect to the server from
- Will let you specify an IP to update the host to.
- Will allow you to update more than 1 host at once
NOTE: This app is meant to be configured and then can be run hidden in the background via Login Items. It will automagically keep your ODS hostname up to date.
This has been tested on OS X 10.2 only, but is thought to work with an OS version as low as 10.0.
What's new in this version:
- Client now checks for your external IP via a daemon running at update.ods.org port 7069. This differs from the previous version when it used HTTP. It no longer uses HTTP due to issues that some users have had with transparent proxies provided by their ISPs.