From Keith Hamel:
NoteAbility Pro is a professional music notation package for the Openstep and Macintosh OS-X operating systems. Developed by Dr. Keith Hamel at the University of British Columbia, it is easily the most sophisticated music notation software available on any platform. NoteAbility combines both musical intelligence and graphical flexibility in a direct and intuitive graphical user interface. Notate anything from simple melodies to complex avant garde orchestral music, play the score on your MIDI synthesizer or directly from your computer sound card and print a publishable copy of your score on your laser printer. If you have been frustrated by the awkwardness and inflexibility of other notation programs then you definitely should have a look at NoteAbility.
What's new in this version:
- Graphic Support: it is now possible to have dotted lines around rectangles and ovals. This is done after the rectangle has been entered onto the score, but selected it (using the bottom-left corner) and using the buttons on Lines pane to set the kind of dotted line you want (there is a solid line and three types of dashed lines) and clicking on the Change Line Type -- it does not matter which line type is visible in the view above since only the dash qualities will be applied to a recta... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Bring High Definition sound to YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Pandor...
- Change your voice and add sound effects to games and voice chat...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- MP3 Cutter Joiner is easy-to-use MP3 Cutter and MP3 Joiner tool...
- Enhance the sound quality of all PC audio.
- Capture, edit, enhance, and burn whatever audio files you have.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Combine multiple MP3 files into one and optionally convert the ...
- Increase PC volume above maximum.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Determine the exact BPM (beats per minute) of any song and upda...
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Music Engraving Alternative to Finale & Sibelius"
Version: NoteAbilityPro 2.452
It isn't Finale or Sibelius. Enough Said!!!
Can't test it. the installer failed to install the frameworks files necessary to run the program. Why aren't the frameworks embedded inside the main application? It cannot be tested or used in the present format.
Potential alternative to Sibelius and Finale, both of which no longer support millions of pre-Leopard Macs. These two also stick you with buggy "updates" that cure one problem and then introduce a whole gang of new ones for future "revisions' to "cure. This is NOT an acceptable marketing scheme!
I need to create scores in non-Western formats; Turkish, Cairo Convention and Persian, just to mention three of many "non-standard" areas I deal with musically. Both Sibelius and Finale keep drifting back to what they perceive as their "base": church choirs, high school music teachers, rockers and other musically semi-illiterate types. Everyone else on this planet get ignored... about 95% of the planet!
Although NoteAbility pro also fails in these areas, I am hoping that they will respond to requests where Finale and Sibelius have studiously ignored all requests from us. I speak from personal experience trying to speak face-to-face with Finale reps whose attitude was as I would describe it... snide.
If NoteAbility continues to fail, I will have no choice but to continue using older versions of Finale which can at least be forced by kludges to imitate the correct formats.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content