Notational Velocity is an application that stores and retrieves notes. In Notational Velocity, the same area is used both for creating notes and searching. I.e., in the process of entering the title for a new note, related notes appear below, letting users file information there if they choose. Likewise, if a search reveals nothing, one need simply press return to create a note with the appropriate title. Its unique advantages are as follows:
- Modeless Operation
Searching for notes is not a separate action; rather, it is the primary interface.
- Incremental Search
Searching encompasses all notes' content and occurs instantly with each key pressed.
- Transparent Encryption
All information is compressed and encrypted (enabled optionally) before it is recorded to disk.
- Mouseless Interaction
Notational Velocity's window was designed for keyboard input above all else, and thus has no buttons.
- Data Instead of Documents
There is no manual "saving" in Notational Velocity; all modifications take effect immediately.
- Complete External Access
Synchronize natively with Simplenote, or via files with WriteRoom for iPhone and Dropbox.
What's new in this version:
- Completely and expertly localized into French
- Fixed a sync bug: newly-created notes would remain if the deletion occurred too soon
- Unsynchronized changes are detected and handled more reliably upon quitting
- Properly handles receiving corrupt JSON data
- File extensions (for separate-files storage) are always hidden upon saving
- Copy/paste now works with the Dvorak - Qwerty CMD keyboard layout
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent... See all new features »