- Modeless Operation
Searching for notes is not a separate action; rather, it is the primary interface.
- Incremental Search
Searching encompasses all notes' content and occurs instantly with each key pressed.
- Transparent Encryption
All information is compressed and encrypted (enabled optionally) before it is recorded to disk.
- Mouseless Interaction
Notational Velocity's window was designed for keyboard input above all else, and thus has no buttons.
- Data Instead of Documents
There is no manual "saving" in Notational Velocity; all modifications take effect immediately.
- Complete External Access
Synchronize natively with Simplenote, or via files with WriteRoom for iPhone and Dropbox.
What's new in this version:
- Completely and expertly localized into French
- Fixed a sync bug: newly-created notes would remain if the deletion occurred too soon
- Unsynchronized changes are detected and handled more reliably upon quitting
- Properly handles receiving corrupt JSON data
- File extensions (for separate-files storage) are always hidden upon saving
- Copy/paste now works with the Dvorak - Qwerty CMD keyboard layout
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent... See all new features »