Norton Ghost 9.0 is a comprehensive disk imaging solution for home and small office users. Enhanced with Drive Image technology, which Symantec obtained through the acquisition of PowerQuest Corporation, Norton Ghost 9.0 offers consumers the ultimate solution in data storage and protection with a complete, reliable, quick and easy way to backup system files, programs, settings, documents and other important data.
With Norton Ghost 9.0, users can now create backup images without restarting their computer or exiting Windows through the product's hot imaging technology. Imaging takes place in the background without interruption, allowing users to continue work on their system as the backup takes place. Users also benefit by saving valuable time and storage space with Norton Ghost's incremental backup and restore feature. Once an initial image of a hard drive is completed, users can make future backups incrementally - updating only the files and information that have changed rather than backing up the entire hard drive again. In the event it is necessary to restore data, users can choose to restore the entire system or just specific files or folders.
What's new in this version:
- NEW! " Hot imaging" lets you create backup images without restarting WindowsÂ®. **
- NEW! Incremental backup updates save time and disk space.**
- NEW! Scheduled backups automatically keep your backup image up to date.**
- NEW! Symantec Recovery Disk lets you restore data from a backup image even when the computer canÂ’t start up into Windows.
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Protect computer against viruses, Trojans, adware, spyware, or ...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
- Secure your connection to public Wi-Fi networks with premium VP...
- Protect folders, hide files, lock applications, and restrict ac...
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 17 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Norton Ghost 9.0
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
Norton purchased this version from powerquest (drive image) and made it even slicker with a clear, clean interface. Installation took 2-3 minutes. (I had to install Microsoft .net as it was needed (it alerts you, and it is included on the cd) to allow ghost to run) I also opted to install Adobe acrobat reader 6.01 which wasnt already installed, also included on the CD which I thought was handy. I installed it on a new HD on a fresh install of XP. Backup was a snap! I loved the option to choose the size of the backup segments, I chose CD sized segments for burning to CD later on. You can save to a folder on your hard drive, or an external or network drive. Simple, and blazing fast. Whole drive was imaged in roughly 5 minutes. More options include copying an old drive to a new drive (small drive to a larger new drive), and incremental backups. So after getting a new PC set up, all the updates installed, your applications, email and settings adjusted to the way you like, image your drive. Then at any time returning to a pristine and fresh install is a very simple step. Add incremental backups of your data (also has the ability to schedule these) and you are really looking at a safety net worth looking into. (Im an IT guy)
The price could be a bit lower to provide this level of security to the home user, a printed manual would be welcome but is sadly gone the way of most things nowadays. Does include a demo on the CD, but why when you have already purchased it is beyond me. The ease of use shines. Hope this helps others looking (as I have) for a way to get a small business or home's PC's back up and running with some degree of success.