CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download.
CNET Editors' review
Nitro PDF is a full-featured PDF reader and editor for Windows, upgraded to meet your needs at home and in the cloud.
Clean, fast design: Nitro has been redesigned to match modern UIs and fits comfortably with Microsoft's flagship Office suite. In many ways, Nitro is impressively designed, trumping many PDF tools with clear, vibrant icons, intuitive placement of tools, and subtle but intelligent use of color to make important features stand out.
Good value, plus cloud support: Nitro PDF is a robust application in both free and premium editions. Standard actions include the ability to mark up text, fill out documents and forms, create comments, and securely sign documents. You can share and collaborate via Nitro Cloud and work from the browser -- a perfect addition to working remotely, if you don't have access to the native tool.
Familiar work flows: Nitro places standard simple actions like drag and drop throughout the app and its cloud counterpart. When you're editing documents, Nitro provides guides to help you align text boxes and snap to grids.
Not for ribbon haters: Those who are turned off by ribbon-based layouts might be turned off by Nitro's tool layout.
Nitro is robust, snappy, and a great alternative to Adobe Reader in so many ways we can barely count. There are very few cons we can think of: Even if ribbon layouts aren't for you, Nitro's execution may make you think otherwise. The entire application feels modern and should be a welcome addition to anyone who manages documents. Anytime you receive a PDF file and don't know how to handle it, turn to Nitro, because chances are the app can handle it.
From Nitro PDF Software:
Handle PDF files and digital documents effortlessly, from the desktop to the Cloud with Nitro Pro 9. We help you easily create industry-standard PDF files from almost any file format. And sharing is seamless: any PDF created in Nitro Pro can be opened and viewed on virtually any machine, and will display as you intended.
Nitro Pro 9 lets you quickly create, convert, combine, edit, sign, and share 100% industry-standard PDF files for superior results and savings. It gives you a powerful set of easy-to-use tools that make working with digital documents simple, straightforward, and more cost-effective.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.199 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Edit, create and convert any PDF documents and forms.
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Simplify design process and gain better control over placement ...
- Create, edit, markup, sign & secure PDFs.
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Convert PDF to Word file format.
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Deliver professional PDF communications; share information more...
- Convert PDF files to different document and image formats with ...
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Convert to PDF any Web page from a given URL or a HTML file fro...
- Take control over your files in Windows system.
- Create, visualize, document, and share your CAD projects.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format.
- Manage your music, and movie libraries on your PC, iPod, or iPh...
- Convert PCL, PXL, PX3 files to PDF format.
- Fix common Windows Vista/7 issues.
- Build and manipulate PDF applications from your PC.
- Convert XPS files to PDF format via command line.
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 12 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Where is Support?"
Version: Nitro Pro 188.8.131.52
Support is in hiding so beware the buyer!
Not really a Pro but I was required to add something here.
The free versions of NitroPDF Creator don't work well and support is in hiding so WHY would I BUY the current version?
I'm running Windows 7 (new installation) and downloaded the latest version of the free Nitro PDF Creator (3.x.x.x) and installed it successfully. When I try printing (to file) an online course, I am able to use Nitro PDF Creator once to create my target file. If I try to print each chapter of said online course, the second chapter will hang my session and I have to exit completely.
I downloaded PrimoPDF and PDF Creator and both of these programs work as desired. I go back to Nitro PDF Creator 3 and get the same hang condition. I believe PrimoPDF is just an older version of Nitro but not sure.
I have been unable to find any support of any kind for this version of Nitro PDF Creator.
So... I ask - WHY would I pay good money (currently at $139) for something when that vendors FREE version doesn't work and doesn't support it?
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content