CNET Editors' reviewThis simple executable realigns your system clock with your choice of atomic timeservers, but it lacks robust features found in others in its class. Network Time Client has a tiny, uncomplicated interface with header menus for program configuration and setting the time. Use the configuration mode to quickly check the availability of timeservers from a list of nearly 50 servers and set primary and backup timeservers. The program runs once, and you must hit Set time to resynchronize; automatic synchronization options are not available. We did like the application's capability to synchronize your server time and redistribute it to all connected computers, a nice feature for LAN users. However, to access that feature, you must use another bundled program icon. Although it doesn't have the advanced features that other time-correction applications offer, Network Time Client would be useful to users seeking no-frills freeware to keep their PC clock accurate.
From REM Publications:
The Network Time Client connects to a time server through the Internet, gets the current time, and adjusts the clock of your PC. This software uses the DAYTIME protocol and is RFC-867 compliant. Usually, time servers are synchronized using an atomic clock. However, the DAYTIME protocol doesn't support the transfer of the exact time (down to 1 millisecond) but your system time should be at least within 500ms (half a second) of the 'real' atomic time. From now on, e-mails, Office documents, log entries will have the exact time and not just an 'approximative' value.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Synchronize your PC's system clock or all PC's system clock in ...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Sync your desktop clock to the atomic time standards of the Int...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Synchronize your system clock to a network time server.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Synchronize your PC clock with a public time server.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Synchronize your PC time to ClockWatch Server or Daytime timese...
- Keep your computer's clock running on the correct time, downloa...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Maintain time on server and service client requests for time.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Synchronize your PC clock with internet atomic clock servers.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Adjust your PC clock with the accuracy of 1/50 second.
- Synchronize your computer clock to Web server clocks.
- Keep your computer's clock synchronized with the NIST atomic ti...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Get 5 simultaneous atomic clock services for constant use in a ...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Sets the time, nothing more, nothing less"
Version: Network Time Client 1.2
This app has a very small footprint and a very direct interface. You can use it to set the time manually or set up a Scheduled Task in Windows to run at regular intervals (say 12:00am every day) so your computer time is always accurate.
None come to mind.
Great app that does one thing and does it well.