CNET Editors' review
You can find plenty of programs to handle your CD- and DVD-burning tasks, but few have as many features and cover as many aspects as Nero. Beyond burning CDs and DVDs, you can back up your computer, create artwork for your CD and DVD cases, make complex mixes with Nero's built-in mixing software, and even check your hardware specs to make sure everything is up to speed. We like the comprehensive coverage of all things that have to do with burning, making it possible to avoid juggling several programs to make a single CD. We're also fans of the Nero PhotoShow Express module, which lets you manage your digital-image collection and create custom slide shows. One of Nero's greatest features is its MPEG-4 encoder for copying noncopyrighted DVD movies to CD-R/RW and several other media formats.
We were skeptical of the fact that Nero might be trying to stuff too much into its software, but the StartSmart GUI opens a clear path for both beginners and advanced users to every aspect of the software suite. We would like a 30-day trial rather than having the demo expire at the end of the month, which gave us only four days from our installation. Overall, this great suite of programs covers all your CD- and DVD-burning needs, and we recommend it to anyone with a writable drive.Nero 12 - Capture, convert, and consume movies, music and photos - Download Video Previews:
Nero is a flexible, reliable, and easy-to-use application designed to write to both CD-R and CD-RW discs. It supports ISO 9660 images, as well as ISO mode 1 and XA mode 2, and allows for on-the-fly disc recording, in addition to overburning (if supported by hardware). Nero also supports multisession and mixed-mode recording; HFS, ISO/HFS hybrid, UDF, PSX, OFAS (optimal file access speed), track-at-once (TAO), and disc-at-once (DAO) writing; and digital audio extraction. In addition, Nero can dynamically disable automatic-insert notification, and it offers support for multiple languages.
Nero Burning ROM also includes a full-featured WAV editor with a range of audio processing options, real-time effects, a settings manager, an advanced cover designer, a drag-and-drop MPEG-1 video encoding feature, an audio plug-in interface for new audio formats, and a drive toolkit for benchmarking and adjusting drive speed. The latest version adds several new recorders, improves write speed detection for DVD+R/RW media in case of DVD+-R/RW dual drives, improves the support for importing file descriptions from Internet database, and more.
Note: This file can be used as the Nero demo version if you have not had Nero installed previously, or as an upgrade from older versions of Nero. In case of an upgrade, the software will detect whether you are entitled to a free upgrade.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Burn CD, DVD, and Blu-ray.
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Convert your MP3 files fast and easily.
- Create all sorts of CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
- Compress video files to transmit them fast over computer networ...
- Convert MP4 files to MP3 format.
- Search and download from over 100 million songs.
- Convert WMA/WMV/ASF files to MP3.
- Convert WAV files to MP3 format.
- Convert FLAC audio files to MP3.
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 1,977 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content