Neat Image is a digital filter designed to reduce visible noise and grain in digital photographic images. It is a tool for owners of digital cameras, flatbed and slide scanners; and is for use by both professional photographers, and digital image processing enthusiasts.
Neat Image not only reduces the high ISO noise associated with image sensors in digital cameras and scanners, it can also reduce the film grain visible in scanned slides and negatives, JPEG artifacts of overcompressed images, and color banding, and at the same time makes images sharper. Neat Image is indispensable in low-light, wedding, sport, and action photography.
The quality of noise reduction provided by Neat Image is higher than that of all other methods because:
- Neat Image incorporates the most advanced noise reduction algorithms in the industry.
- Neat Image uses device noise profiles to make noise reduction custom-tailored to your imaging device.
- Neat Image /Mac works as a Photoshop plug-in
- Neat Image is highly automated
- Neat Image is very efficient
- Neat Image supports industry standard image types
What's new in this version:
- The latest noise reduction engine provides higher processing speed and better noise reduction
- Improved profiling method to provide more user control in building device noise profiles
- Auto fine-tuning to make a ready-made profile more accurate using the input image itself
- Improved action/batch processing support
- Two bugs fixed