Neat Image is a digital filter designed to reduce visible noise and grain in digital photographic images. It is a tool for owners of digital cameras, flatbed and slide scanners; and is for use by both professional photographers, and digital image processing enthusiasts.
Neat Image not only reduces the high ISO noise associated with image sensors in digital cameras and scanners, it can also reduce the film grain visible in scanned slides and negatives, JPEG artifacts of overcompressed images, and color banding, and at the same time makes images sharper. Neat Image is indispensable in low-light, wedding, sport, and action photography.
The quality of noise reduction provided by Neat Image is higher than that of all other methods because:
- Neat Image incorporates the most advanced noise reduction algorithms in the industry.
- Neat Image uses device noise profiles to make noise reduction custom-tailored to your imaging device.
- Neat Image /Mac works as a Photoshop plug-in
- Neat Image is highly automated
- Neat Image is very efficient
- Neat Image supports industry standard image types
What's new in this version:
- CUDA support: faster noise reduction using modern CUDA-compatible GPUs (on Intel Macs) For example, on NVidia GTX 470 Neat Image is about x2.5 faster than on Intel i7 and x3-x7 faster than on Intel i5 or Core2 Duo
- Multiple GPU support: Neat Image works even faster with two or more CUDA GPUs
- CPUs and GPUs working together: Neat Image can use CPUs and GPUs at the same time for even faster processing
- Automated optimization of performance settings for... See all new features »