CNET Editors' review
Nature Corners is, purportedly, a nature-themed screensaver. As such, we were expecting a fairly straightforward experience with it; screensavers are typically among the easiest programs to install and use. Nature Corners, however, is neither easy to use nor particularly functional.
The interface isn't awful, and it lets users create different themes, or sets of photos to display. However, it's not clear how users should select themes when they're ready to use them. Is it enough to click on them? Must other themes be deselected first? We were never totally sure; all we knew was that the screensaver kept displaying pictures that weren't what we had selected. The built-in Help file was sparse and entirely unhelpful. One would also assume that a screensaver named Nature Corners would contain plenty of nature-themed images, but in fact, it only comes with nine of them. Users can select directories of their own photos to use, but what's the point? The program also displayed what seemed to be bizarre, Microsoft-related headlines dated from 2008 across the bottom of each image. Even more troubling was the program's general failure to operate as it was supposed to. A series of hot keys supposedly lets users adjust settings while the screensaver is running, but they just plain do not work. It was impossible to adjust the speed at which the photos changed, which is a basic screensaver feature.
This program has a free 30-day trial and installs and uninstalls without issues. We do not recommend Nature Corners; there are many other screensavers out there that actually work.
From Nature Corners:
A wonderful screensaver which shows your favorite nature picture collections. Enjoy interesting transition effects with this screensaver. You can set any current picture as your desktop wallpaper with one click. You can schedule picture collections switching or manually switch between them by pressing hotkeys. You can return to a previously shown picture, or hold an interesting picture on the screen for some time.
More Products to Consider
- Bring realistic coral reef aquarium to your PC screen.
- Animate your desktop with water effects.
- Place video wallpapers on your desktop.
- Create a screensaver with images, sounds, movies, Flash, Web si...
- Customize your wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and vi...
- Emulates the Matrix code and introduction sequence.
- Bring the beauty of African Serengeti wild life to your monitor...
- Bring underwater world to your desktop.
- Disply a virtual aquarium with unsurpassed realism.
- Watch breathtaking animated waterfall with eagles soaring above...
- Set your desktop virtually on fire.
- Display a golden spinning cross with reflecting colors.
- Decorate your desktop with a Veep TV show screensaver.
- Start screensaver quickly and secure its information.
- Decorate your desktop with a balls screensaver.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Turn any image into an animated screen saver.
- Decorate your desktop with a West Wing TV show screensaver.
- Customize Christmas screensaver and send it to your friend.
- Change the desktop wallpaper automatically, position pictures t...
- Enjoy a screen saver with two moving turtles, passing the scree...
- Watch colorful balls flying around the screen.
- Generate an infinite variety of continuously evolving, multidim...
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1