NMP3 Ripper is a simple Cocoa wrapper around the LAME mp3 encoder. It includes freedb and id3 tag support. The biggest selling point? It's incredibly easy to use. Insert a CD and hit enter. NMP3 Ripper does the rest. No reliance on iTunes, no compiling LAME yourself.
Right now NMP3 Ripper only supports a few different LAME presets (alt-preset standard, extreme, insane, and --r3mix), but full option support is in the works. If you know the command line arguments, you may enter them directly.
What's new in this version:
- Added "expert" field for those of you familiar with lame command line options.
- Added ability to pick and choose which tracks to rip.
- Updated lame to v3.91
- Added option for "fast" alt-preset encoding
- "Output to:" field now updated correctly before ripping.
- Fixed bug in id3 tag generation.