"Reduces time for developing Windows applications"
Version: NConstruct Basic 2.2.7
- after I create my database I get final application done in a matter of minutes
- final look is modern yet simple to use
- I use this tool for both single-user and multiuser applications
- I can customize generated application (full source code)
- generated asp.net applications have less capabilities than winforms, only moderate look
- I missed SQL server 2008 support in the past (but it's finally included in the latest version)
I find this product very useful for creating alpha or beta application releases. It generates whole application using previously created SQL database.
I was already a big fan of NHibernate framework and I didn't have problems with the learning curve for NHibernate which might be longer for those unfamiliar with ORM frameworks in general.
I'm mainly focused on Winforms and the final look of generated applications are very attractive. There are also some decent built-in modules commonly used in typical multiuser applications, like user management, record locking, application settings, navigation.
I've reduced my development time by about one third to one half. I would recommend this product to programmers who don't have it's own reusable application components.
Reply to this review
Was this review helpful?