CNET Editors' review
My Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use program that lets you record your onscreen activity. With its intuitive design and useful features, My Screen Recorder is a great way to create demonstrations, tutorials, and more.
The program's interface isn't the most beautiful we've ever seen, but it's easy to figure out. The big red Record button brings up a dialogue that guides you through the process of configuring the recording options. Once that's done, the program records until you hit Stop within the program's interface or uses the designated keyboard shortcut. The program then saves and replays the recorded video. My Screen Recorder has quite a few features and options, making it one of the more versatile programs of this type that we've seen. You can select whether you want to record the full screen or just a specified region, can choose between AVI and WMA output formats, and have the option of recording just audio or video. We especially liked the program's audio tuning wizard, which helps you configure your recording and playback volume. The application also helps you customize your display options by offering a variety of settings for visual effects and Windows appearance, and the program's built-in Help file is well-written and thorough. Overall, we found My Screen Recorder to be very easy to use--simple enough for beginners--but customizable enough to meet the needs of more demanding users.
My Screen Recorder is free to try, but the trial version puts a watermark on the program's output. The program installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program to all users.
This advanced screen capturing tool can capture anything you see on the computer screen, including the entire desktop, windows, menus, cursors, and even video with sound. Use a connected microphone to add narration to your recordings, or have the program record the sounds the computer is playing. You can even record from the microphone and speakers at the same time. The built-in Preview feature lets you quickly review your movies. Create training videos, demos, presentations, or even record your internet chat or voice over IP telephone sessions - anything that requires recording your PC screen and audio. So easy to use, you will be up and running in seconds. This is the perfect screen recording tool.
What's new in this version: Version 3.14 includes better support for recording high motion video, desktop wallpaper effects, and now supports Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, and Polish languages.
More Products to Consider
- Play audio and video files in real-time and streaming modes.
- Play video files of multiple video formats.
- Play virtually any media file in open-source cross-platform mul...
- Play various types of video, audio, movie, music files in Media...
- Play digital media of various formats including incomplete, par...
- Convert video and YouTube to AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, MP3, burn vide...
- Play audio and video files on the go.
- Play 99.9 percent of files with a collection of codecs for Wind...
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
- Play any video and audio file including Youtube clips without t...
- Convert your videos, audios, and pictures to preferable file fo...
- Edit movies and other video recordings on a Windows PC.
- Create and edit professional looking videos; rotate, crop, cut,...
- Convert any formats video to iPad, iPhone, AVCHD, Blu-Ray, DVD.
- Unleash your creativity to transform your video footage into am...
- Create movies and slide shows from your photos and videos, and ...
- Cut videos according to your needs.
- Record video on your screen or with a webcam.
- Shoot, edit, and share all of life's adventures with the all-in...
- Broadcast and edit video audio files.
- Create and convert video to DVD with quality.
- Rotate or flip videos and save them as AVI files.
- Construct home movies from captured digital video on your Windo...
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Back up media to Blu-ray discs and access your media via HTTP p...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not so good"
Version: My Screen Recorder 3.14
Not so good
Should be better
I think a recorder named DawnArk Screen Recorder is better. cheap, and easy. Output mp4, avi, and flv. Most of all, it is cheap enough. So I can affort it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content