CNET Editors' review
Interested in creating your very own detailed family history complete with photos, sounds, and videos? My Family Tree by Chronoplex Software is a free genealogy application designed to help anyone do just that.
The software, which supports standard GEnealogical Data COMmunication (GEDCOM) files, presents an appealing and easy-to-understand interface. There is also a Help file to aid the user in putting the genealogy software through its paces. You can build your family tree from scratch or edit an existing one. The information for every individual is very detailed and it allows the upload of audio, photos, and videos for that specific person. The app is able to generate reports for specific individuals (relations, life stories) as well as overall family statistics (births, deaths, marriages, ages, and children).
We found My Family Tree to be very useful and informative. We found no issues with installing or removing the application.
From Chronoplex Software:
My Family Tree is our genealogy product aimed at both the novice and advanced family historian. With its modern user interface and wide range of features, My Family Tree will help you create your family tree in no time at all. It features include simple flexible workflow, visualize, and interact with your family tree and conveniently store all your research in a single file.
What's new in this version: Version 2.0.2 has added support for Finnish language and generic note to genetics.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- Read the CBR files.
- Type in Hindi using iTrans scheme of transliteration.
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Read ebooks on your Windows personal computer.
- Search for various e-books from the Internet.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
All versions:3.3 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"This is a useful product and I would suggest."
Version: My Family Tree (32-bit) 2.0.2
My Family Tree has a range of options available; allowing a person to keep it simple or provide as much detail to each family member as they may like. The interface is simple enough while still providing an interesting and detailed look at your family tree. As a writer I primarily use it to keep track of fictional family trees and have found it to be very helpful in keeping track of a range of details.
The number of options felt a little over-whelming at first, but were easy to overcome once I dove in. After working with it a few times I quickly appreciated the extras available.
"Best Family Tree Program!"
Version: My Family Tree (32-bit) 2.0.2
- easy to use
- no ads
- found it better than My Heritage Family Tree Maker
none found yet.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content