CNET Editors' review
There may be some manual data entry on your part, but Music Collection helps you organize all of your music, efficiently, so that you can locate any song, album, or artist quickly and easily. You can create as many collections as you would like and export them in a Microsoft Access format. Even though most of its organization features are already available in actual music players, you might like it if you're really into organizing your music and want to have a separate system just for the details of your entire collection.
Music Collection helps you organize your collection and target any new releases you want to purchase. Sadly, it won't scan your existing files and add them to the collection. You can't import any information from a ripped or downloaded CD, either. Instead, you have to enter all of the information in, manually, or download it from the Web. Once you get the information inside, you can organize it however you like -- by year, genre, artist, and more. Music Collection lets you assign very specific tags to your collection, including its price, barcode, and even sound quality. The program will search for album art on its own, so you don't have to worry about those files. The program's layout is very clean and has one-touch operation for all of its most popular features. If you wish to change the way it looks, though, you can easily do so via Settings -- Look & Feel. There are around 30 skins to choose from.
There's a lot to do with this program, but you can do most of it with iTunes and Windows Media, as well. If you want to keep your collection notes separate from the files themselves, however, then Music Collection is worth try.
The Music Collection is an easy program that allows you to archive your music collection. Using it you can enter in a collection all the music media that you own or you intend to. The program accepts all kinds of musical media (cd, lp, dvd-a, etc.) You can add or edit any kind of information concerning the albums in the collection and it is specially customized for entering classical music albums. The album info can be manually entered or automatically via the Internet. After saving the albums, you can browse them, filter albums by all possible criteria and search for particular album tracks you are interested. Also the program can display and print all data from your music collection in different ways, so you can pick the desired one.
What's new in this version: In version 1.8.7 added history list, notes in loans. Added the ability to change the album status from the main window. Changes in the print preview. Fixed the artist info download bug.
More Products to Consider
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Rip audio CDs, convert music, and burn discs easily.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Record, edit, convert, analyze, and restore sound files.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Run a virtual mixing console for MP3, WAV, and Karaoke (MP3+G) ...
- Open FLV encoded video files.
- Search for bands or artists which come across on a web page.
- Calculate the parameters of three-phase transformers.
- Generate Web search links to major sites.
- Display rules in a table with sorting option.
- Convert all your FLAC files to the standard MP3 files.
- Make your download four times faster, and resume your broken do...
- Provide legitimate method to search and download music, movies,...
- Manage and create your passwords, autofill your login informati...
- Use MSN Search for finding and downloading lyrics.
- Encrypt the files up to 64 TB with progress bar.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"don't waste your time"
Version: Music Collection 220.127.116.11
none that I could detect
complete waste of time. My music collection is stored on an external HD. After looking for an hour, could find no way of importing, or setting the system to import, from that location.
even free its over priced.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content