CNET Editors' review
While originally developed to process satellite and airborne images, MultiSpec for Mac has now found other applications such as multiband imagery for medical and educational uses. MultiSpec for Mac offers an image processing system that interactively analyzes and edits multispectral image data. While it performs well, this app would benefit from a more user-friendly interface.
There is no installation required for MultiSpec for Mac. Instead the application can be run straight out of the package you download. Once you open the app, you can choose an image to edit. Once you've opened your image of choice, you can begin editing and processing it. The app seems rather complex, and it's not for novice users. Even though the interface is very basic, it will be hard to understand how to actually use this app if you're not already familiar with multispectral image data analysis. The developer's Web site does offer tutorials and exercises that may help out and explain how to properly use all the features and settings.
This piece of software fills a niche need, so unless you are looking for an application to process and edit educational images, you'll have no use for MultiSpec for Mac.
From Purdue University:
MultiSpec is a processing system for interactively analyzing Earth observational multispectral image data such as that produced by the Landsat series of Earth satellites and hyperspectral image data from current and future airborne and spaceborne systems such as AVIRIS. The primary objective of MultiSpec is as an aid to export the results of our research into devising good methods for analyzing such hyperspectral image data. It has also found significant use in other applications such as multiband medical imagery and in K-12 and university level educational activities.
What's new in this version:
- Processor->Display image Some changes were made in calculating the default thematic data value ranges for 1-Channel Thematic Displays to handle a broader range of data types and values.
- Processor->Reformat->Change Image File Format An option has been added to the Transformation dialog box to allow one to adjust all of the selected channels in the image file by the data values in a selected channel. An application for this feature is to adjust all of the data in a file co... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- GNU S statistical computing and graphics.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Classic typing instruction software.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- Create 3D vision page flip eBooks on Mac.
- Tool to turn PDF to 3D eBook on Mac with cool 3D vision and pag...
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Electronic circuit simulator and analyzer.
- Convert EPUB to PDF with high quality.
- Translate text between 64 international languages.
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- Simple app to compare different types of lighting systems.
- TeX previewer with supplemental TeXLive/teTeX distribution.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- ASP solution for online visitor registration for events.
- Safari extension to enable right-clicking images to find out wh...
- ASP solution for online registration of visitors for events & f...
- EBook Converter, convert ePub to Kindle, kindle to pdf, epub to...
- Collect and analyze data.
- Program images, animation and interactions.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content