Moodle is a learning management system for producing Internet-based course web sites. It is written in PHP and is easy to install and use on Mac OS X (as well as Windows, Unix, Linux and Netware). It has been designed to support modern pedagogies based on social constructionist theory, and includes activity modules such as forums, resources, journals, quizzes, surveys, choices, glossaries, lessons and assignments. It has been translated into over 35 languages, with more on the way. Moodle offers a free alternative to commercial courseware such as WebCT and Blackboard, and is being used by a growing number of universities, schools, and independent teachers for distance education or to supplement face-to-face teaching.
What's new in this version:
- Preventative measures against attacks to admin functions.
- Lesson: Safer hiding of lessons (#2733)
- A few new things
- Flash Media Player: Now playing can start before the download is complete.
- Added/updated language support for German (DE) and Turkish (TR).
- Release notes now link to the relevant bugs.
- Prefetching requests from Google Web Accelerator, Mozilla etc are denied.
- Performance improvements
- Added option to cache the lan... See all new features »