Money Manager Ex provides an easy method for monitoring household income and expenditures. While easy to operate, users may be turned off by the amount of work required to keep the numbers accurate.
The program's interface is easily the highlight of Money Manager Ex. With a simple-to-manage tree outlining accounts and reports, users can quickly monitor their situations. Inputting new data flowed intuitively and required a small commitment of time. In addition, the program provides users with an incredibly in-depth Help file, providing details on every aspect of the program. The program plans ahead for investments, savings, and expenses. Our finances were showcased quickly and easily, which was a highlight. Our only concern is that users will not like how much work the program requires. Each debit card purchase, check written, and dollar spent needs to be cataloged in order to provide an accurate representation, which we felt could take a lot of time. However, for someone willing to do the work, the results are great.
The program also features easy-to-operate reports. With several pie charts showcasing incoming and outgoing money, users can virtually see their money. This freeware program is a lot of work for users. However, we feel the work is worth it, as Money Manager Ex provides an accurate snapshot of your financial world.
Money Manager Ex is an open-source, cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software. It primarily helps organize one's finances and keeps track of where, when, and how the money goes. It is also a great tool to get a bird's eye view of your financial worth. Money Manager includes all the basic features that 90 percentages of users would want to see in a personal finance application.
Simple, easy-to-use accounting software. Can cope with unlimited numbers of accounts for free!
Would be good if there were more options to customise software to users' preferences. Required instant reinstallation of later version immediately after installing. Would like to see a wider choice of account types such as loans, money owed to me and mortgages.
Many other pieces "free" accounting software are simply adverts which don't allow users to use them in any meaningful way. This is truely free. It's simple to use and works well, although there are features which some other pieces of software have which this doesn't. Hopefully this will improve during future updates.
- easy to use and explain to other users
- 90% translated in other languages (french in my case)
- easy way to add a new operation (in money deluxe i'm still looking for it)
- easy to use filters
- nice collection of reports written by the communities to extend the possibilities of the software
- a pity we cannot use the filters to generate the reports
- impossible to change the dates range or type of graphics (barplot, pie, etc) for a given report
- exporting in CSV with accentued characters (UTF8) is not working well
A very nice software, much more intuitive then Microsoft Money, Home Bank or Ace Money Lite for instance. Mint.com is the most voted manager out there, but we cannot use it outside US. This software is better for european people.
I forgot to say:
- it would be nice to be able to be able to customize the list of reports, by removing some reports if not used
- default payee (configurable in the options but only after inserting an operation, i would better see this default payee from the opening of the data base)
- be able to input new operations without closing the dialog, like in HomeBank