From The Windows Club:
Modern Tile Maker is a freeware for Windows 8. It will allow you to create Modern or Metro style Tiles for Files, Folders, Desktop Programs, and Web links. When you create a shortcut of any folder or software on the start screen, it takes on the default form. But using Modern Tile Maker, the tile actually appears like a Metro UI tile - similar to how the Metro apps tiles look.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Design desktop, Web, and Mobile UI mockup.
- Improve design efficiency and slash time to market.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Enhance your website with an enterprise-grade live chat.
- Track, manage, and resolve defects and features during the deve...
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
- Expand the functionality of your Rio MP3 Player.
- Switch from Windows Media Center to HULU Desktop and back.
- Adjust dim levels of your screens.
- Create and edit executable program files without separating sou...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works great with one minor fixable error"
Version: Modern Tile Maker 1.0
Does what it says on the tin.
A new RunFile script is created for each new tile in a numbered folder in C:\Program Files\MTM however on line 11 after the path to the object to run/open the speech marks aren't closed. To fix just enter " at the end of line 11 and save. this needs done for each new tile.