CNET Editors' review
As a functional idea-mapping program with a streamlined interface, MindNode Lite for Mac helps users think creatively and organize their thoughts logically. The software performs as advertised even though the free version comes with certain limitations.
While MindNode Lite for Mac lacks any user tutorial or walk-through, the main menu is designed well enough for most users to pick up easily. The main window contains a large white space, where a center box is placed by default. Here, the user can enter the title of the first entry, or node. Moving the cursor around the area of the first box brings up plus signs, which create new nodes, automatically linked to the original. This can also be completed, along with deleting nodes, from the top of the window with two buttons. Another option at the top allows the user to name the files, enter author name, create keywords, and change the background color. The text color and font type for inside the individual nodes can also be modified easily. Even though free, the application does lack features to make it available across devices, including cloud access. These features come with the paid pro version available for $19.99.
Those looking for a mind-mapping program with few features would find MindNode Lite for Mac's easy-to-use interface a welcome option for practicing brainstorming and organizing their thoughts. This program is suitable for users of all levels.
From Markus Mueller:
MindNode is an elegant and simple-to-use mindmapping application for the Macintosh. It was created with the user in mind and features a very simple and intuitive user interface that lets the user focus on expressing and developing ideas. Nearly no time is required to learn the interface. MindNode is based on the same codebase as the commercial version. While it is still a very powerful application, it misses some of the features added to MindNode Pro that help improve your productivity.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes a localization issue in the main menu.
- Fixes a bug that caused lines to be cut off during printing.
- Improved support for the FreeMind 0.9 export format.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Share your screen with another user quickly and easily.
- Meet online, share your screen and video conference with anyone...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Access and control your home or office Windows PC remotely.
- Store and share your partner details in in a database accessibl...
- Share your screen with up to 25 people.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Create, receive, process, and respond to service requests to sp...
- Help your team members collaborate more effectively.
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 16 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content