Microsoft Office Live Meeting is an online collaboration and Web conferencing service that empowers business people to conduct real-time, interactive presentations and meetings over the Internet. Live Meeting is the first fully hosted service within the new Microsoft Office System, which is scheduled to launch next month and is delivered by PlaceWare Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft. Live Meeting is a major upgrade to PlaceWare's Conference Center and offers an easy and intuitive Windows-based interface with powerful new presentation, scheduling and administration features.
Live Meeting offers a native-based desktop console that follows familiar conventions of Windows-based software, making it easy to learn and use, and provides more flexible controls for meeting presenters. The new service also delivers rich, full-screen viewing options for meeting participants and feedback tools such as chat and a question/answer manager to make online meetings more engaging and productive. Subscribers also receive powerful scheduling and administration tools, and the option of customizing the service to include their own branding.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Provide infrastructure for enterprise instant messaging, presen...
- Allow information workers to communicate in real time.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Communicate to others using various communication options.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Build applications that associated to the Microsoft Lync 2010 a...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Get a client application connection sample code for Microsoft O...
- Electronic phone secretary.
- Analyze and collect settings and values from data repositories.
- Client 3.5 for Exchange.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"They assume much. Still can't figure it out"
Version: Microsoft Office Live Meeting 8.0.6362.190
not sure, I can't figure out how to set it up for my use.
1: they don't tell you how much it costs anywhere, I still don't know. It says "free to try " only. Film at 11 there......
2: I downloaded the software, OK. I'm a smart guy, where is the introduction boxes saying "welcome, do THIS and THIS" to get me going? They assume I'm already familiar with their program. I just want to conference with 4 guys once a month, HELP need instructions.
If I can't get some answers I'll uninstall it and try the expensive "go to meeting" which was my first choice. Who knows, this program might even be more than the $72 a month for go to meeting, they don't tell you anywhere. HMMMM