If you want more calculation power than a calculator or Appleworks, but don't want or need all the features (or the price!) of Excel, Mesa is the Mac OS X spreadsheet for you. Simple and elegant - and a pure Cocoa application - Mesa gives you the power you need in the package you want.
- Multiple 'tabbed' worksheets in a workbook, just like Excel
- Reads and Writes Excel files
- Unlimited worksheet size - as many rows and columns as you need
- All the usual Functions and copy, paste, formatting etc features you'd expect
- 'Undo / Redo' feature for the previous 20 steps
- SmartFill[TM] automatically generates logical sequences of numbers, dates, days, etc.
- Formula Inheritance[TM] makes building and maintaining worksheets faster and easier using our SMARTFILL feature. Enter a formula in one call of the worksheet, and use it again in any cell. All referenced cells will update automatically upon change and recalculation without time-consuming copy and paste.
- Easily place spreadsheet ranges and graphs into presentation-quality reports using the Visual Report Builder.
- Graphing capabilities (15 different chart types) allow you to effectively communicate the meaning of your data in 2D and 3D graphs.
- Drag and Drop fonts and colors onto ranges and graphs for direct manipulation on screen. Use Macintosh Drag & Drop to place graphic images anywhere on a sheet or report.
- Mesa features file import compatibility with Excel[TM and of course, delimited text. Save in Excel and delimited text format
When you download Mesa it will run in Evaluation Mode, restricting you to worksheets no larger than 20 rows * 20 columns. You can buy a license online to fully enable Mesa.
What's new in this version:
- Charts can now easily be copied into other applications.
- Fix for landscape printing bug (requires Mac OS X 10.2.3 or higher in order).