Merlin 2 is the only native network-based collaborative Project Management solution for Mac OS X.
This version offers many features propelling Merlin to the top of Mac OS X professional project management software.
Here are some of the main highlights in Merlin 2:
- Merlin has now a web module which is included in this version of Merlin. The following browsers are supported: Safari 3, Firefox 2.0+ and Internet Explorer 7.0
- Merlin now supports a wide range of special Mac OS X 10.5 features like Quick Look, iChat Theatre and Mail.
- Network-based Collaborative Project Management
Collaborate with others on the same project file over the LAN or WAN with a single mouse click.
- Access Control for Users and User Groups
Resources can be either single Users or grouped into Resource Groups both of which can be assigned to activities and/or given specific access rights.
- Dynamic Planning Mode
Activities which haven't started yet can be automatically moved to the current date. This is great news for devotees of Agile Project Management.
- Bi-directional Synchronization with iCal
Changes in Merlin are reflected in iCal and vice versa. You can also sync specific resources in a separate calendar.
- Enhanced Financial and Cost Models
You can now compare planned vs. actual costs with the ability to determine accruals per cost entry.
What's new in this version:
- The new web module is included in this version of Merlin. To publish your saved Merlin project file over the web, open the publish dialog, switch to the Web Sharing tab and click the start button. Click on the displayed proxy icon to launch your favorite browser or drag the icon onto Mail or iChat to announce your shared project. The following web browsers are supported: Safari 3, Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer 7.0
- The publish dialog owns now an ... See all new features »