CNET Editors' reviewMercuryMover is a handy Preference Pane-based tool for keyboard junkies, helping you quickly move and resize windows without resorting to a mouse or trackpad. MercuryMovers functionality and interface is extremely simple: you invoke the apps heads-up display with Control-Command-Up Arrow, and then with a series of intuitive keystrokes you can center, push aside, and resize windows (1, 10, or 100 pixels at a time, or to the edge of the screen), all from your keyboard, even across multiple displays. The latest version adds MercuryMover's best feature: the app understands that we often resize and move windows in the same way, so it lets you assign shortcuts to particular window sizes and positions. We would love to see a less restrictive trial version (currently 100 uses, possibly not enough for what could otherwise become a cant-live-without app) and perhaps a lower price, but MercuryMover is still extremely useful for anyone who is hoping to increase efficiency by avoiding their mouse.
From Helium Foot Software:
MercuryMover reduces the friction you feel when you use your Mac. With MercuryMover, you can move and resize windows on your Mac from the keyboard, positioning them precisely where you want. By shunning the slow and imprecise mouse, MercuryMover empowers you to work faster and play more.
More Products to Consider
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Assign your hotkeys.
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Tweak the annoying changes in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Assign keystrokes to open files and folders.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Keyboard-based app launcher and search tool.
- Fix a keyboard shortcut issue.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Find, remember, and learn menu shortcuts.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Learn piano with ease.
- Type special characters without knowing the keyboard combos.
- Forces windows to be full screen when you click the green butto...
- Enhance the functionality of your Microsoft keyboard.
- Access applications and personal data by typing abbreviations.
- Menu extras: CPU, disk, memory & network monitoring.
- Macro software to automate any task.
- Make scrolling smoother, faster and more comfortable.
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Better window resize and zoom options.