CNET Editors' reviewMercuryMover is a handy Preference Pane-based tool for keyboard junkies, helping you quickly move and resize windows without resorting to a mouse or trackpad. MercuryMovers functionality and interface is extremely simple: you invoke the apps heads-up display with Control-Command-Up Arrow, and then with a series of intuitive keystrokes you can center, push aside, and resize windows (1, 10, or 100 pixels at a time, or to the edge of the screen), all from your keyboard, even across multiple displays. The latest version adds MercuryMover's best feature: the app understands that we often resize and move windows in the same way, so it lets you assign shortcuts to particular window sizes and positions. We would love to see a less restrictive trial version (currently 100 uses, possibly not enough for what could otherwise become a cant-live-without app) and perhaps a lower price, but MercuryMover is still extremely useful for anyone who is hoping to increase efficiency by avoiding their mouse.
From Helium Foot Software:
MercuryMover reduces the friction you feel when you use your Mac. With MercuryMover, you can move and resize windows on your Mac from the keyboard, positioning them precisely where you want. By shunning the slow and imprecise mouse, MercuryMover empowers you to work faster and play more.
More Products to Consider
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Extend the Dock and get window previews whenever you hover your...
- Widget displays Amazon's lightning deals.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Use your other computer as additional external monitor.
- Search for duplicate songs in iTunes & iPod.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Your contact addresses in Google Earth.
- Keyboard tool that lets you "click" buttons and control your ap...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Rename and file screenshots as you take them.
- Window manager with one-click repositioning from the menu bar.
- Executes a list of programs after a time delay.
- Manage books, music, movie & comic books in your collection.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Get an Dashboard styled clock for your Mac OS X Dashboard.