CNET Editors' reviewMercuryMover is a handy Preference Pane-based tool for keyboard junkies, helping you quickly move and resize windows without resorting to a mouse or trackpad. MercuryMovers functionality and interface is extremely simple: you invoke the apps heads-up display with Control-Command-Up Arrow, and then with a series of intuitive keystrokes you can center, push aside, and resize windows (1, 10, or 100 pixels at a time, or to the edge of the screen), all from your keyboard, even across multiple displays. The latest version adds MercuryMover's best feature: the app understands that we often resize and move windows in the same way, so it lets you assign shortcuts to particular window sizes and positions. We would love to see a less restrictive trial version (currently 100 uses, possibly not enough for what could otherwise become a cant-live-without app) and perhaps a lower price, but MercuryMover is still extremely useful for anyone who is hoping to increase efficiency by avoiding their mouse.
From Helium Foot Software:
MercuryMover reduces the friction you feel when you use your Mac. With MercuryMover, you can move and resize windows on your Mac from the keyboard, positioning them precisely where you want. By shunning the slow and imprecise mouse, MercuryMover empowers you to work faster and play more.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Assign keystrokes to open files and folders.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Save keystrokes written on your computer for the whole day.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- Access frequently used applications from your menu bar.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Macro software to automate any task.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Customizable virtual keyboard utility.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Enhance the functionality of your Microsoft keyboard.
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Learn piano with ease.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Fix a keyboard shortcut issue.
- Schedule the opening of applications, folders, and documents on...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Better window resize and zoom options.