CNET Editors' review
Menuola for Mac is a free application that allows Mac OS X users to display more menu bar options, ultimately making it easier to explore those that would otherwise be hidden due to lack of space. The trick is to get past an unintuitive interface and lack of helpful user guidance.
Menuola for Mac installs easily by dragging and dropping the contents of the unzipped file into the Applications folder. The main menu opens, displaying an "M" with basic options to check for updates, information about the application, and a how-to-use section. The information within the how-to-use section is difficult to understand, and users may struggle to grasp what features the application offers. The application has no interface and its sole function, expanding access to menu bar items that would otherwise be hidden, is severely limited due to lack of intuitive user controls. Overall, the application performed well, it was stable, and did not crash. However, the application suffers major deficiencies in terms of ease of use and information and support materials.
Menuola for Mac performs adequately and offers a free solution to users seeking to expand their access to menu bar items. This app is especially useful for those who tend to use more complex applications that include numerous menus, but casual users probably won't benefit from this app until it makes the process easier to understand.
From Geo Com:
A Simple Application to liberate your menu extras from the dark dank depths of your menu bar. Menuola was completely rebuilt using the cocoa framework. Hugely decreasing the file size.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- Command-tab app switcher with more visual information.
- Win-like explorer for unix: tree, preview, cut, paste, imagetoo...
- Simple and attractive menu bar weather app.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- Store all kinds of information, even if you don't know what to ...
- Menu-based application launcher.
- AirPlay mirror your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to any Mac.
- 3D Web browser plug-in for viewing photos and videos.
- Simple Bonjour network service and device discovery app.